Code of Conduct for Faculty and Office Staff
- All the college staff members and administration should take pledge to do their respective duty for maintaining and enhancing the reputation and dignity of the institution.
- The students’ interest should be their prime concern and they work as mentor and guide for the students.
- They should be punctual and do their respective duties diligently.
- They should be neutral and transparent in their conduct and behaviour and work with utmost probity.
- They should work as role models for the students and any misdemeanor on the part of any staff member should be strictly prohibited.
- They should strictly follow the rules, regulations and norms as prescribed by the government and the affiliating university.
- They should be neatly dressed up and help in maintaining general hygiene and healthy conditions in the college premises.
- They should take active interest in maintaining inclusive study environment and disapprove any discriminatory practice.
- They should follow the parking rules and put their vehicles only at the designated place.
- They should make use of college ICT and other facilities only for the institutional purposes and should not use them for personal benefits.
- They should carry their identity cards along with them.
- They should work in amity and the togetherness with the whole staff should be their core value.
Expectations from Teachers:
- The teachers should be well prepared for the classes and take active interest in providing students best of teaching inputs.
- The teachers should also coordinate the studies with other co-curricular/extra-curricular activities for the holistic development of students.
- They should make ICT as integral part of their teaching and should be committed to add to their teaching methods and tools.
- The teacher should do quality research so as to progress professionally.
- They should plan their assignments, seminars and class test in a way as to have exhaustive coverage of syllabus and to prepare students for the semester exams.
- They should maintain complete transparency in internal assessment and timely inform students about their deficiencies so they can improve themselves before exams.
- The maintenance of discipline is their prime duty and they should make sincere effort for that.
- They should work for sensitizing students about national integration, constitutional values, gender equality, social work, dignity of labour, healthy life habits and such other issues.
- They should also keep tab on the cleanliness of classrooms, departmental rooms, proper electricity arrangements and necessary upkeep of laboratories.
- They should take active interest in managing and improving upon college facilities and activities.
- They should inform students about any activity through timely notice.
Expectations from Non Teaching Staff:
- The non teaching staff provides all ancillary support for college functioning.
- They should make necessary coordination with teaching staff and students while performing their duties.
- Their behavior with students should be cordial and supportive.
- They should maintain their respective records diligently and provide readily the information required time to time.
- They should help in switching over all official work to digital/online mode progressively.
- The cleanliness of the office rooms and their proper upkeep is their responsibility.
- They should not divulge any information about college activities to any outsider.